Re: single instance message store problem.

On 05/29/2015 03:30 PM, Michael Neumann wrote:
Am 29.05.2015 um 22:19 schrieb Ken Murchison:
Also, are you sure that your MTA isn't breaking up the recipients into
separate LMTP transactions?  lmtpd can/will only do single instance
store for recipients that are part of the same transaction (MAIL FROM,
RCPT TO, DATA sequence).  If the recipients are sent one at a time with
duplicate DATA commands, there are treated as distinct messages.
That is the problem, postfix default local transport does only one at a
time, that breaks single instance storage. We had to redefine it to:
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/lmtp/lmtp
Please read about the consequences in postconf manual.

Hope that helps

Michael is right on the money here.  I hadn't noticed that you had defined mailbox_transport rather than local_transport.

This is our typical postfix configuration in support of singleinstancestore:
local_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/local_recipient_map.ldap,
        ldap:/etc/postfix/alias_map.ldap
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/mailstore/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
local_destination_recipient_limit = 300
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 5
The warnings Michael was referring to are covered in http://www.postfix.org/LOCAL_RECIPIENT_README.html

Specifically, if one overrides the local_transport, it's important that one also properly qualifies all local_recipients (quoting):

Problem: you don't use the default Postfix local(8) delivery agent for domains matching $mydestination, $inet_interfaces, or $proxy_interfaces. For example, you redefined the "local_transport" setting in main.cf.

Solution: your local_recipient_maps setting needs to specify a database that lists all the known user names or addresses for that delivery agent.
In our case we most often use LDAP for this, as shown above, but whatever DB is best for you, etc.

Cheers,
    -nic
--
Nic Bernstein                             nic@xxxxxxxxxxx