Re: cyrus mailboxes format

Zitat von Andres Tarallo <atarallo@xxxxxxx>:

Hi !!!!

We're about to migrate a very old installation based on cyrus 2.3.11.  The
target system is zimbra collaboration. Many users have years of mail stored
in their maiboxes, we want to migrate those mails to the nuew server.

I have the idea to do so with the aid of lmtpinject, a tool provided by
zimbra. This tool insert into the mailboxes mails in maildir format. I need
to confirm that cyrus stores mails in that format.

Thanks

Andrés

No, Cyrus don't use the "maildir" format, the excat layout is explained here:
http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.6/internal/mailbox-format.php

Zimbra recommends using something like imapsysnc explained here:

http://forums.zimbra.com/migration/6223-migrating-cyrus-zimbra-imapsync.html
http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Mail_Migration

Regards

Andreas