Re: Enabling altnamespace and IMAP doesn't look different. Should it?

If only all problems were so easy to fix!

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 02:29 PM, Eric K Germann wrote:

Genius!

That was it.  Thanks.  Fixed my sieve issue too!

EKG

On 2014-11-01 16:11, Bron Gondwana wrote:

Is your username in 'admins' in imapd.conf?  Admin users are really special, and we don't recommend using them for real users who get email.

Bron.

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 12:11 PM, Eric K Germann wrote:

I recently upgraded my server from 2.2 to the cyrus-imapd-2.4.17-caldav-beta10 release built from source.

One of the goals is to share "Notes" between various iDevices and this requires a "Notes" folder at the root level, necessitating "altnamespace=yes"

I had to convert my sieve scripts over (deleting INBOX. as it was throwing errors), so I know at least part of the installation is using the altnamespace.

What got me looking is when I use the managesieve plugin to Roundcube, it creates new rules (that don't work) with folder names of "INBOX.xxx".  I dug around and nowhere in their source is there a namespace or root setting, so I went back to the IMAP protocol.

With "altnamespace:yes", when I login and list folders, I get:

a1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID ENABLE ACL RIGHTS=kxte QUOTA MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND BINARY CATENATE CONDSTORE ESEARCH SORT SORT=MODSEQ SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES ANNOTATEMORE LIST-EXTENDED WITHIN QRESYNC SCAN XLIST X-REPLICATION URLAUTH URLAUTH=BINARY LOGINDISABLED COMPRESS=DEFLATE IDLE] User logged in >

a2 list "" *
* LIST (\HasChildren) "." INBOX
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.0 Junk - Missed"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.0 Junk - Wrong"

NAMESPACE is also identical between them.

* NAMESPACE (("INBOX." ".")) (("user." ".")) (("" "."))

Ditto for when I start it with altnamespace set to no.

From other examples on Google, it would seem "INBOX." shouldn't be there with it enabled.

That would explain why Roundcube generates the sieve rules with INBOX in the folder names.

What am I missing?  Did I forget to do something after I turned it on?

Really confused.

Thanks for any assistance!

EKG

Bron Gondwana