Re: How to prevent SSLv3/Poodle attack?

On 16 October 2014 11:14, Sven Schwedas <sven.schwedas@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 2014-10-15 18:20, Geoff Winkless wrote:
> Well the only thing new about POODLE versus previous known
> vulnerabilities is the way to manipulate the known vulnerability to gain
> the session cookie, which you can then re-use to log on to the site for
> yourself without needing to authenticate.

I think the more important new concept is that arbitrary sessions can be
downgraded to use a known vulnerable cipher/protocol version, even if
more secure are available and servers/clients use cipher suite pinning
and all the other tricks we came up with to mitigate BEAST et. al.

​Ahhh. Thanks, I figured I must have missed the point :)

Although it isn't exactly news - referenced from the article:

Geoff​

----
To Unsubscribe: