Re: Best distro for Exim/Cyrus

On Monday 10 of February 2014 23:13:42 Paul O'Rorke wrote:

> Hi again Cyrus list,

> still trying to find a definitive resource to use to get this mail

> server up and running. Does anyone know of a good howto for setting up

> Debian/Exim/Cyrus? I think this is the combination I want to move from

> the Centos/Exim/Dovecote box I inherited but I must confess to really

> struggling here.

Here are the most important snippets of my Debian/exim/cyrus config for sasldb authentication, exim split config. Based on squeeze, so be careful there might be small changes in wheezy. Changes noted as a diff file.

/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/00_exim4-config_localmacros: (new file)

+ LOCAL_DELIVERY = cyrus_delivery

/etc/exim4/conf.d/acl/30_exim4-config_check_rcpt:

# Insist that any other recipient address that we accept is either in one of

# our local domains, or is in a domain for which we explicitly allow

# relaying. Any other domain is rejected as being unacceptable for relaying.

require

message = relay not permitted

domains = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains

# We also require all accepted addresses to be verifiable. This check will

# do local part verification for both local and remote domains.

# Callout is needed to do the check via LMTP.

# This is important to avoid backscatter bounces.

# If you act as backup MX, you might need to adjust.

require

- verify = recipient

+ verify = recipient/callout

/etc/exim4/conf.d/router/900_exim4-config_local_user:

# There are no local users in /etc/passwd. Check is done by callout in ACL.

# Also there is no harm in having a mailbox named root.

local_user:

debug_print = "R: local_user for $local_part@$domain"

driver = accept

domains = +local_domains

- check_local_user

- local_parts = ! root

transport = LOCAL_DELIVERY

cannot_route_message = Unknown user

/etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_cyrus_delivery:

+ # LMTP over TCP/IP, allows callout verification, needs `lmtpd -a`

+ cyrus_delivery:

+ driver = smtp

+ protocol = lmtp

+ hosts = 127.0.0.1

+ allow_localhost

/etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples

Uncomment all examples where driver = cyrus_sasl. Set server realm to full hostname, or check what is behind @ in sasldblistusers2. NTLM and MD5 authentication can be allowd even over unencrypted connections.

/etc/imapd.conf

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop

sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb

/etc/cyrus.conf

lmtp cmd="lmtpd -a" listen="localhost:lmtp" prefork=0 maxchild=20

#lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=0 ...

/etc/services

lmtp 24/tcp

I have omitted lots of other changes I do to exim config, as they are not related to exim-cyrus integration.

--

Best Regards

Vladislav Kurz

=== WebStep, s.r.o. (Ltd.) ========= a step to the Web ===

address: Mezirka 1, 602 00 Brno, CZ, tel: +420 548 214 711

=== www.webstep.net ======= vladislav.kurz@xxxxxxxxxxx ===

----
To Unsubscribe: