Re: What is chk_cyrus supposed to do?

Hi Patrick,

thanks for your answer. Bonus question below ...

--On 29. Januar 2013 11:09:48 -0400 Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

messages again. That raises the question if chk_config is supposed to
fix these issues, and if it isn't, what we are supposed to do instead?
Run reconstruct on all mailboxes that have output like that? The manpage
isn't very clear on that.

Correct, chk_cyrus just tells you what is wrong. However, be careful
running reconstruct on what it finds (check dates on messages that
reconstruct would add back in). I ran reconstruct on all the mailboxes
that cyrus_chk found problems with and some of my users were a little
confused when e-mail that was "missing" for over 2 years suddenly showed
up in their InBoxes. :-)

Good point. Do you happen to know why the "ACL updates" performed by reconstruct remove ACL entries?

Here's just one example:

[cyrus@clotho ~]$ reconstruct user/a0646/Archiv/Groupware
user.a0646.Archiv.Groupware: update acl from header a0646 lrswipkxca cyrus lrswipcda iwoehr lrs => a0646 lrswipcda cyrus lrswipcda

Why is the ACL entry for iwoehr removed? I was able to add it again using cyradm, and now it sticks.
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.

----
To Unsubscribe: