RE: Problem recover replica

Quoting Manel Gimeno Zaragozá <magiza83@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I've noticed that the "missing changes" are due to some of the actions done during the "blackout" are processed un "/var/lib/imap/sync" log and named modified to log-PID. It seems that rsync_client have not noticed that Replica is down and it process some of them. Once it notice that replica is down continue login in "log" file. When Replica comes back, sync_client process the changes from "log" without problems, but we have miss some changes.

the sync_client in rolling replication locks for the log file and moves
it to log-PID. Then processes the actions in log-PID, deletes this file
and looks for a new log file.

If sync_client can't connect the sync_server it will wait some time
and trying again. If there is still the sync_client process with the
PID, it should catch up. If the sync_client died you can process the
log-PID file with sync_client -r -f log-PID .

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----