Re: Mapping a login(uid) to different mailbox

Dan White wrote:

> On 27/08/11 09:47 -0300, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:

> >Hi,

> >    I have several users that will change your login(LDAP uid).

> >How to map a login to another mailbox ?

> Use a sasl canonicalization plugin to (re)map an authentication identity.

> The mapped identity returned by sasl will be used when opening the user's

> mailbox.

> There is an ldapdb canon_user plugin available in sasl CVS, and a sql

> plugin available in bugzilla. Documentation can be found in

> doc/options.html in the sasl source.

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to respond to this thread so late, ...

I fail to recognize the RFC definition of SASL allowing the return of "OK: <authorization ID>", but perhaps I'm completely looking in the wrong direction...

Could you elaborate on where SASL is allowed / providing said canonification?

For Cyrus IMAP implementations I've done so far, I've needed a patch against the application(!, Cyrus IMAP in this case) to use a ptclient method/client library capable of handling the desired (LDAP) functionality.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--

Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG