Re: high-availability Cyrus (i.e. glusterfs)?

Quoting Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>:

How do you manage your Cyrus installations highly-available?

I though a minimal example could be like below:

       internet

server1 ----- server2

There would be Heartbeat/Pacemaker running on both servers. Its role would be:

- assign "Cyrus IP" to a given server,
- start Cyrus where "Cyrus IP" is up.

Still, we need to have Cyrus database, mail storage accessible for both servers. I though using glusterfs for it would be a good idea (assuming Cyrus only runs on one of the servers at a given time).

However, something doesn't work with it very well when Cyrus data is on a glusterfs mount point (if I move it to a local disk, everything works well):

Cyrus depends on locks and mmap, so your fs must support them.
I had written a summery of the diskussions about Cyrus and HA in the
old wiki. But the wiki was replaced by the new wiki. I will have a look
if I have a copy.

If you plan to run in active-passive mode, did you considre Cyrus
replication? You will need twice the disk space, but you remove a single
point of failure (glustefs)

Regards

     Michael Mege

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
UniversitÃt TÃbingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fÃr Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WÃchterstraÃe 76
72074 TÃbingen

----