Re: Mailbox directory structure

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:02:38 +0200
From: Michael Menge <michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mailbox directory structure
To: info-cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quoting Artur Kaminski <my.home.my.castle@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hey all,
>
> I installed imapd server successfully, and moved configuration from old one,
> but then accidentally loaded another server's configuration from puppet. Now
> Cyrus looks for user mailboxes in
>
> User       Mailbox
> aaaa       /var/spool/imap/a/aaaa
> user.aaaa  /var/spool/imap/u/user^aaaa
>
> (checked using cyradmin, with creating the mailboxes above)
>

> Actual mailbox for hypothetical user is in /var/spool/imap/a/users/aaaa
> (moved from old server).
>
> In effect Postfix gets response "5.1.1 Mailbox not found" to all requests,
> including root.

The option unixhierarchysep changes the hierarchy seperatror from . to /
The . is representet as ^ in filesystem.

> I can log in using IMAP.
> I can't increase Cyrus logging.

Cyrus logs everything to Syslog, you have to change your syslog config
to change the loglevel.

Thank you Michael for quick reply.

So "unixhierarchysep = yes" in my imapd.conf should change the dot vel caret to slash?

Unfortunately it doesn't, but indeed it would solve my problem. Can it be covered by the same variable set to "no" in another file?

I receive a lot of logs from all Cyrus daemons, but I actually wanted to turn on some kind of debugging (to find why it doesn't search in user subdirectory). Dr Google told me about CYRUS_VERBOSE=1, but placed in /etc/init.d/cyrus-master changed nothing.

Your advise about unixhierarchysep probably makes me happy with the current level of logging.

Thank you
Artur
----