Re: Running multiple instances of cyrus for clustering

Hi,

Quoting Ram <ram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am thinking of running mutiple instances of cyrus on a single machine
with different sets of mailboxes.

The Idea is that I would have two cyrus imap servers running on
different machines and in case of any failure both instances will be run
from the same machine ( obviously at a lower performance )

Is this a good idea ?

IMHO yes,

we want to run this kind of setup in produktion soon. We have choosen
to use Cyrus Murder to ease failover.

Each server will run 1 frontend, 1 backend and 1 replication server
in case of failure of one server the corresponding replic will become
backend.  If the failed server is back onlie we will use replication to
bring the original backend up to date.

We will use ClusterIP for loadbalancing the Frontend connections.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----