Re: lmtpd not delivering mail

On 24/05/10 21:44 -0400, Matt Young wrote:

>I am having a problem with lmtpd.  All of a sudden, it stopped
>delivering mail that I send to myself.  I have several aliases and
>sending from any of them/to any of them always fails.  I have a log
>snippet that shows the failure.  It appears that the mail is recieved
>and passes the spam check.  It is then passed to lmtpd for delivery
>and then it disappears.  It never makes it to the mailbox!  I have
>updated spam assassin as well as amavisd.  This problem is so
>confusing, I decided to join this list to ask for help.
>
>here is the log snippet:
>http://pastebin.com/nfwmxdfM

Matt,

Your logs look good to me. Are you sure there isn't a client issue
involved, like a client side move/delete filter?

You could rule that out by enabling telemetry logging. See

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/overview.html

Example:

mkdir <configdirectory>/log/myuser@xxxxxxxxxx
chown cyrus:mail <configdirectory>/log/myuser@xxxxxxxxxx

However, that will only capture activity done under the myuser@xxxxxxxxxx
user. If you allow any other users access to the mailbox, they will need to
have their own directories created underneath log.

--
Dan White
----