Re: email inaccessible through imap after reading

Hi,

Quoting Martin Kraus <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello.
I'm having problem with emails being inaccessible through imap after reading it in outlook. The email file is still in the INBOX if I grep for it's mail id, but no imap client displays it. I've tried with mutt and pop3 but I couldn't find the
email either.

This server uses cyrus 2.3.14. I've never had any similar problems on any of
my other servers. My guess is that outlook does something to the message to
hide it from displaying but I've got no idea how to check this.

If you use the delayed expunge feature of cyrus and the eMail gets deleted it stayes on the filesystem till cyr_expire removes them. See expunge_mode in imapd.conf

Does anyone have any idea why would this happen?

I guess Outlook is using POP and deletes the mail after download.

Check your logfiles and/or use telemetry log for that user.

Thanks
Martin Kraus
----

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----