Re: Cyrus vacation notice

Andrew Nash <nashcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I?m not too sure, to be honest.  I?ve just sent a test message from the
> LAN to an invalid external user (eg asdhka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx), and I
> received a ?non delivery? message from the mail server of the domain
> saying the mailbox I was trying to send to was invalid.  Is this what you
> mean?

I meant the opposite, but forget that.

I am guessing that by LAN you mean a private network that is firewalled
from the Internet.  Right?

I am guessing that mail from outside arrives on a gateway host that is
on the Internet, and it re-sends the message into the private network.
Right?

Identify a message from outside that should have got a vacation reply
but did not.  For that message:

-- Find the log record on the gateway that shows it coming in, and
note the sender address.

-- Find the log record for the same message on the cyrus host, and
note the sender address.  Is it the same, or "root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"?
If it has changed to "root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx", that is the problem.

Joseph Brennan

----