Re: Nginx configuration for imap

memcached would certainly be fast, but what sort of authentication rate are you talking about here. My bet is that you've got other bits of system, such as the authentication validation with the target IMAP server, that will be more of a dominant term when it comes to the performance of your system.

I deployed an nginix proxy to assist in my migration to Cyrus (once all my users were on Cyrus, murder took over) -- just had it do lookups against our LDAP directory to determine which IMAP provider to redirect to, it worked perfectly fine.

-rob

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Robert Mueller <robm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But I thought a memcache lookup will be much more inexpenisve than
> connecting to a mysql db  to do lookup for every cyrus connection

Probably slightly. But what happens if the value isn't in memcached?
Where do you get the value from?

Anyway, it's still WAY better than doing:

> > > $user['user1'] = 10.1.1.1;
> > > $user['user2'] = 10.1.1.2;
> > > ----
> > > $user[user15000]=10.1.1.1;