Cyrus murder ( IMAP Aggregator )

Hi all,

I’m busy thinking about a new mail server setup for my work.

Most of the stuff I’ve figured out but I don’t completely understand Cyrus murder application.

From what I understand is that the front-end servers serve the imap/pop3 requests.

These servers connect to the back-end servers where the mail data is stored.

How do the backends deceide who services which mailbox?

And what happens if one of those backends dies?

If I understand also correct I’ll need 1 Murder master and then 1 or multiple Murder Front-end and back-end servers ?

If I’m totally on the wrong street please tell me J

Cheers,

Richard

----