Re: Cyrus IMAP // Mail Archive // Reception notification // Reconstruct

Hello,

Quoting Matthias Wulkow <matthias.wulkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I have imported quite a big amount of mails from another mailsystem
(drag and drop from a PC from one account to another within the same
client - the old one was a kind of Exchange account (software known as
ShareFolder) and the new one a cyrus imap account (new & empty at that
moment)).

By importing, all flags read/unread have been lost. The annoying part is
the status of the reception notifications. All mails are marked as
unread and therefore the client wants to send a notification.

The read/unread flag should be keept, but i guess you copied them with
an other account. So the flags are only visible to the user who copied
the mails.

To increase the problem, the new account is now a shared folder where
quite a few people access to the mails and each user has his own mail
reading status.

You need to set the sharedseen annotation.

Form Change log   "Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.3.9"

Added support for a shared \Seen flag on messages (must be
enabled on a per-mailbox basis with the
/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/sharedseen mailbox annotation.

I don't know which seen status would be used if you enable the annotation now.

I guess the only way to delete this unwanted automatic notification is
to erase in each mail the 2 lines indicating that a notification is
requested (in each sub-folder etc...). Is that right?

I would not recomand editing the mails. If you still have the mails on the old
you could create an shared mailbox with the annotation and copy them to this mailbox.

For that I would need to make a script which looks for these 2 lines:
- Disposition-Notification-To: <addr>

The question is now, what happens to the cyrus.* files? I guess they
will become corrupt. Is recontruct the right tool then to make it all
work again afterwards?

man reconstruct

PS: as I am not the best scripter, any help with such a script is welcome...

Thank you!

Best regards,

Matthias
M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----