Re: OT: Enhanced IMAP protocol

Robert Banz wrote:
> An extension or protocol enhancement is only good as the client
> implementations are -- and we know how successful that's been for
> other optional capabilities -- such as ACL management.

Almost nobody cares about ACLs, so almost nobody implements it (sad, but
true). I would argue that a much larger percentage of users care about
credential management. Now if it's "large enough" or not remains to be
seen. I suspect it would take a large email provider to drive the
standard and provide the reference implementation for it to be successful.

--
Carson
----