Re: move mailboxes and mark email as "read"

Quoting Marc Patermann <hans.moser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

Thomas Vogt schrieb:

I'll move several thousand cyrus mailboxes to a new server. Old
Server was running cyrus imapd 2.2, new server runs cyrus imapd 2.3.

The task seems pretty trivial. I tar all users starting with A (later
b,c,d..), create all mailboxes on the new server with cyradm
(script), extract the tar file, reconstruct all mailboxes.

The only problemI have, is "seen.db". On my new server, every email
is marked as new, unread email. Is there a way to fix this?
# man cvt_cyrusdb
# /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb
Usage: /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cvt_cyrusdb [-C altconfig] <old db> <old db
backend> <new db> <new db backend>
Usable Backends:  berkeley, berkeley-nosync, flat, skiplist, quotalegacy

Dump to flat file, copy to new server, convert back to desired bd format.
[Should work, untested here. Inspired by
http://wiki.linuxwall.info/doku.php/en:ressources:dossiers:cyrus:repair_skiplist]

You should also dump the mailboxes.db and import it on the new server,
this insures that the mailbox uid, which is used in the seen.db is
consistent.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----