Re: avelsieve problem switching mail servers

Hi,

Quoting Maria McKinley <maria@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Simon Matter wrote:
Simon Matter wrote:
Hi there,

I tried posting this on the squirrelmail plugin mailing list, but
didn't
get a response, so thought maybe someone on this list might be able to
give me a hint, since I know a lot of you have sieve set up with cyrus
and squirrelmail. Feel free to tell me this is the wrong list, and I
will try elsewhere, but if someone can help, I would be very grateful.

I recently moved my mail server to a new server, and have managed to
get
everything working except for sieve access through squirrelmail. I hope
this mail isn't too confusing, but wanted to lay out a few different
possibilities for what might be going on.

Initially, when I tried to go to filters after logging into
squirrelmail, squirrelmail would hang, and eventually time out with no
error messages (just a reset by peer, I think). I tried going into
imapd.conf and turning off tls for sieve to see if there was an
authentication problem:

sieve_tls_cert_file: disable

When I do this, then I get an error message when I click on filters:

Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto()
[function.stream-socket-enable-crypto]: SSL operation failed with code
1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number in
/usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/avelsieve/include/managesieve.lib.php
on
line 514
ERROR:
Could not log on to timsieved daemon on your IMAP server
localhost:2000.
Error Encountered: 255
Please contact your administrator.

I looked at the managesieve.lib.php script, and I noticed that it uses
php4, but I am using php5. But, it seems kind of strange that it would
require php4, since this is the stable package for debian with default
settings, and I didn't have any dependency issues installing, so I'm
not
sure this is the problem.

squirrelmail                        2:1.4.15-4+lenny2
avelsieve                           1.9.7-6+lenny1

TLS/SSL works for eveything else (imap,imaps,smtp,and apache), so I'm a
little bit suspicious for that being the problem.

Something I did notice was that in the previous installation, we seemed
to be using something called websieve, although we also had the
avelsieve plugin installed. I copied the websieve directory, but I
haven't found any documentation about how websieve is different from
avelsieve or whether you can use both, or how
squirrelmail/avelsieve/websieve interact. I think I need to get rid of
websieve, and just use avelsieve, but I'm not sure about this. Would I
run into problems if I just got rid of the websieve directory? How is
avelsieve suppose to interact with squirrelmail?
Hi,

From you previous mail I got the impression that you have used avelsieve
in the past. Now, did you use avelsieve or websieve (or both). At least
think using both at the same time doesn't make much sense. Avelsieve
uses
comments in your sieve scripts to store it's "metadata" and other tools
won't understand them.

On one host running RHEL4 (which means PHP 4) I'm running
avelsieve-1.9.8
and in it's config file I see this:

/**
 * @var boolean Disable STARTTLS for ManageSieve. You can set this to
true,
 * if you do not wish to use encryption via TLS mechanisms (i.e. the
server
 * is not configured properly, or this is a local connection and TLS is
not
 * needed.
 * Note that STARTTLS is supported only in PHP5+. In PHP4 this option
will
 * have no effect and STARTTLS will be disabled anyway.
 */
global $avelsieve_disabletls;
$avelsieve_disabletls = false;

I was using avelsieve 1.9.7 before and a patch was needed to get the
same
behaviour. The patch is attached, don't remember where I got it, I think
from avelsieve CVS.

That said, I have used it to run sieve on the local host with STARTTLS.
If
you want to use STARTTLS then I don't know how to make it work.

Regards,
Simon
Thanks Simon,
I don't seem to have anything about tls in my avelsieve-config.php file.

I seem to have both websieve and avelsieve on the previous installation,
and I'm not sure which was actually being used. Where in the config
files would I find out which one was actually being used?

I don't think websieve was used with squirrelmail but standalone. At least
I never heard of a websieve plugin for squirrelmail, but I know a tool
named websieve which has no relation to squirrelmail.

If you want to know how your sieve scripts were managed, you may just look
at the script on your imap server. If they have been created with
avelsieve then you will find lot's of comment string from avelsieve.

Regards,
Simon

I seem to have scripts created by both websieve and avelsieve, but I do
know that we have been managing sieve through squirrelmail for a very
long time. Looks like the websieve scripts haven't been touched since
2007. So, I think I'm back to where I was. Avelsieve was working on the
last machine, but isn't working now. I'm pretty sure I have copied all
configs over. How can I increase logging, so I can see what is happening
when I get the time-out?

thanks,
maria

Which Versions of cyrus do you have installed on the new
and the old mailserver? And does Avelsieve use Net_Sieve?
If yes which version of Net_Sieve do you have installed.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----