delete_mode: delayed not always working?

Hi,

we're running 2.3.14 with "delete_mode: delayed" in /etc/imapd.conf (actually it's the default in Simon Matter's RPM). It's generally working fine, and I have restored a few accidentally deleted mailboxes this way. But today there was a case where a mailbox seems to have been deleted immediately. Here's what I've found:

Sep 22 11:41:39 lvr13 imap[3032]: Deleted mailbox user.xxx.Fakultaet.Raumfragen.Dekanat

It may be important to know that the mailbox in question had an ACL that allowed other users access. One of the other users accidentally deleted it, not the owner!

So I looked for the mailbox, but it couldn't be found:

lm DELETED/user/xxx/*

The output of "ctl_mboxlist -d | grep DELETED" didn't include it, either. Fortunately I had a flashcopy from which I could restore the mailbox, but still I wonder what happened. Before I look at the code myself, I wanted to ask if someone knows offhand if there are known circumstances that cause mailboxes to be deleted immediately.

NB: it couldn't have been expunged in the meantime. We call cyr_expire like this: cyr_expire -E 3 -X 3 -D 3. There isn't a cyr_expire line for that mailbox, either.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.

----