Re: What's the message's UID in the message storage of cyrus imapd.

The UID is defined in RFC for IMAP as needing to be a unique number for
that mailbox.
That is all it is.  You can dump message files into an account and as
long as they are
"#." and you index them they will be visible to IMAP clients.

The UIDL is related/derived number returned by POP.

We actually had to patch our Cyrus install so it would return same UIDL
results
for POP as the old UW server, so transition from UW to Cyrus would be
smooth.

----