Re: Architectural mistake in cyrus ?

Hello,

Dan White a écrit :

>>> What are your current settings in imapd.conf for:
>>>
>>> servername:
>>> admins:
>>> defaultdomain:
>>> sasl_pwcheck_method:
>>> virtdomains:
>>>

>> servername: <hostname>.<MY MAIN DOMAIN> (replaced with real values)
>> admins: cyrus cyrus@<MY MAIN DOMAIN>
>> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>> virtdomains: on
>> hashimapspool: true
>>
>> => I don't have any defaultdomain: but I already tried with main domain,
>> or with alternative domain, it never solved the problem...
>>
>> => authentification is based on LDAP
>>
> See:
> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-virtdomains.html
> In particular, the 'Administration' section.

Ok I did everything you suggested but there are some PROBLEMS !

To follow what both of you suggested and to follow the instructions, I
only need to add this line :
defaultdomain: <MY MAIN DOMAIN>

But when I do it, many problems appear :

1. First problem I cannot login anymore to cyradm !
=> In the LDAP logs I see that even if I log with "cyrus@<MY MAIN
DOMAIN>", in fact cyrus REMOVES the default domain from the login !

2. I solved this by creating a second cyrus admin in LDAP, instead of
"cyrus@<MY MAIN DOMAIN>" this one is simply "cyrus".
This made possible to access cyradm again, AND surprise :
lm <MY OTHER DPMAIN>!user.dbucherml.*
It works ! :-)

3. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is :

Now the system is completely screw up, no user can login, no mail can
come in anymore (IMAP/webmail)

4. The explanation of the problem is simple, but I don't see the solution :

In LDAP logs it is clear that cyrus removes the main/default domain when
"defaultdomain: <MY MAIN DOMAIN>" is present in the config. This is not
possible, we need the domain !

5. WOAW !!! I think I was able to do what I want but it's 100% kludgy !

How to do it :

a) Define a FAKE domain as default domain ! I used "aaa.ch"
b) Create your mail admin as "cyrus" (without domain !)
c) Login into cyradm with cyrus@xxxxxx (NOT with cyrus !)

And it works... Not really elegant but it seems to be the only solution
(???)

What do you think ?

Denis
----