Re: Migrate from 2.2. to 2.3 with ldap

Hi,

Michael Menge schrieb:
>> Marc Patermann schrieb:
>>
>>> I'm a bit stuck. I want to migrate from 2.2.12 to a recent 2.3.x server.
>> Does no one use 2.3 with ldap and can point in the right direction?
> We use Cyrus 2.3 with pam mand pam_ldap, if you don't need
> support for group permissions, this works fine without ptloader.
I'm not sure, is this the sasl part with saslauthd I supose or for
auth_mech: unix?
I don't want to use PAM anyway.

I tried
auth_mech: pts
pts_module: ldap

So I think I need ptloader with ldap.

Without the ptloader service configured in cyrus.conf, cyrus
nevertheless creates a ptcache.db.
ptload() tries to ping ptloader, what fails.
"can't connect to ptloader server: no such file or directory
No data available at all from ptload()"

With the service cyrus complains about not being able to start is
(because the is no such binary).

Marc

----