Re: shared folders permissions from ldap

Jure Pečar wrote:
JP> I'm setting up a company internal mail system with a central pointJP> of management.  I chose ldap for auth, mail routing and antispamJP> info. Now I'm looking at shared folders and find them very usefulJP> for what I want to do. My only problem is that their permissionsJP> need to be set within cyrus (as they are basically imapJP> permissions), which means another admin interface for that.
Not necessarily.  You can probably do most of it with the Cyrus pts ldapmodule.  Unfortunately that's currently a very prickly beast toconfigure.  I had to read the source code more than once to understandhow to make it respect "group:foo" ACLs in the context of what Iconsider a "normal" LDAP tree.
When I get my head out of my current project, I'd like to start adiscussion with interested parties (Wes?) wrt how pts ldap _ought_ towork...

JP> So I'm looking for ideas on how to integrate the two. Does anyoneJP> know a web ui of some sort that would integrate editing ldap andJP> imap flags? Before we start writing our own ...
Our intention is to tweak GOsa http://www.gosa-project.org/ which solvesmost of the problem already.

Duncan
-- Duncan Gibb - Technical DirectorSirius Corporation plc - control through freedomhttp://www.siriusit.co.uk/ || t: +44 870 608 0063Debian Cyrus Team - https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-cyrus-imapd/----Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twikiList Archives/Info: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/mailing-list.html