Re: reading seen state as cyrus priviledged user

Well,

I'm thinking about another way to do that. Running as localhost of cyrus-imap and as cyrus user, I'm able to open seen skiplist database. Is there a Perl module to interact with?

Thanks

Dom

2009/5/11 Bron Gondwana <brong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 08:44:27PM +0200, LALOT Dominique wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to run scripts for deleting unread old mails. But using the
> imap API, I can only read the good seen status if I logged as the user.
> Checking as cyrus tells me, that nothing has been read.
>
> Is there an su option for imap?
>
> How can I do that?

Yeah, that would be nice actually.  I'm pretty sure there's nothing like
it at the moment.

There's probably something nasty you can do via SASL, but being able to
see a particular user's seen state is a different matter entirely.

I'm thinking something like this:

A01 FETCH 1:* (USERFLAGS.brong)
* FLAGS 1 \Seen.brong
* FLAGS 2 \Recent
A01 OK FETCH Completed

might just about do the trick... obviously it would test if you were
either an admin or that user before allowing it...

Bron ( also, IMAP language hacks.  Bah.  Along with our DIGEST.SHA1
      hack we're hardly talking IMAP anymore... )

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux