Re: Cyrus Imap plaintext authentication with saslauth & PAM

Kővári János wrote:> Dan White írta:>>>> Is your postfix running chroot'd? If so, where is the sasldb2 file >> that it's using located? In /var/spool/postfix/etc ?>>>> If so, try adding to /etc/imapd.conf:>>>> sasl_sasldb_path: /var/spool/postfix/etc/sasldb2>>>> - Dan>>> Yes, it's chroot'd.> I have sasldb2 both in chroot and /etc. Both are readable by cyrus. I > don't think it's the problem, I remember when I forgot to add users to > sasldb2 and tried to login, I got an error message in the logs, > saying: no secret in the database or something. So it does find the > database. (But I can be wrong, it was quite some time ago...) But > previously I was using sasldb2 without problems, so I assuem it is set > up more or less correctly.>> And please keep in mind, that I *don't* want sasldb, this whole thing > with saslauthd is about avoiding sasldb2 and to use plaintext > authentication with PAM-only.>>> Have a good weekend to everyone reading this! :)>> Janos
True,
I'm just trying to reproduce your Postfix environment in Cyrus imapd. I think you must be using sasldb when performing cram/disgest authentication, not PAM (since saslauthd/PAM do not support them).