Re: How to eliminate writing the duplicate delivery database ?

Quoting Eric Luyten <Eric.Luyten@xxxxxxxxx>:

A couple weeks ago, in order to accommodate local users (not) receiving
mail messages written by some Outlook/Exchange correspondants (Message-Id
gets re-used...) I disabled Cyrus duplicate suppression by adding the
following line to my imapd.conf :

   duplicatesuppression: 0

Somewhat naively I thought that Cyrus wouldn't be writing the duplicate
delivery database anymore, but this is not the case.

Cyrus still needs to write to the delivery database, e.g. for vacation
messages. But it will deliver messages even if they have the same
message-id.

Is there, other than by patching the C code, a way to disable writing
delivery.db ?

Why do you want do disable writing to the delivery.db?

This is a Cyrus 2.2 system, upgrading to 2.3 this summer.

As far as i know it is the same with 2.3.x

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----