Re: reconstruct: Authoritative ACL?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 05:35:49PM +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Dear list!
>
> Just a question:
>
> Cyrus keeps a backup copy of the ACL for each mail folder in the
> cyrus.header file.
>
> When doing a reconstruct -r -f, the ACL from the cyrus.header file is
> taken over and copied over to the mailboxes.db.
>
> I can imagine situations where this is not what you want.

Why are they out of sync?  I can imagine situations, but they're
almost always caused by you doing the wrong thing in the first place.

Bron ( who wants to the put the UniqueId in the mailboxes.db so you
       don't need a cyrus.header, but that's like - effort and stuff.
       Format change.  We hate backwards incompatible format changes! )
----