Email bounces: mailbox does not exist

Hi,

I have installed Cyrus 2.3.11 and it works fine together with Postfix. But there is something strange. I found these two things:

1. Cyrus doesn't seem to accept mailboxes with a dot in it, like "edwin.boersma". It then bounces the mail with a "Message contains invalid header" message:
<edwin.boersma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: data format error. Command output:
    edwin.boersma: Message contains invalid header
It also says:
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; edwin.boersma: Message contains invalid header
I changed to user name to "edwin_boersma" and then it works.

Is this "works as designed" or just a plain bug?

2. If I send an email to 2 or more users on the same server, the message bounces with a "Mailbox does not exist" message.
<edwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (expanded from <edwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
    data format error. Command output: : Mailbox does not exist

<niklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (expanded from <niklas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
    data format error. Command output: : Mailbox does not exist
Both mailboxes are there, for sure. Sending to each user seperately works!

--
Kind regards,

Edwin Boersma
Lead Developer Web Applications