Re: Problems with Sieve in Debian Etch

Alessandro Oliveira wrote:
Hi,

I've been using cyrus-imap for the last 6 years in a Fedora Core 3 Box, since cyrus compile gives me headache I used Simon Matter's package.

But some time ago we had to replace our serves with Debian Etch, a wonderful experience, apt-get is by far the most reliable update software, but the problem lies with the cyrus-2.2 default package. All the Imap and everyting else is working perfect except sieve.

When I try to create a script using sieveshell -u username -a username localhost, them use put vacation-username.sieve and after that activate vacation-username.sieve, it feels to be correct, but when trying to deliver any message I get:

WARNING: sieve script /var/lib/cyrus/sieve/u/username/defaultbc doesn't exist: No such file or directory

and checking the sieve dir on /var/lib/cyrus/sieve the directory above actually doesn't exist, but it created a global/defaultbc

do you happen to know if this is a bug or maybe a misconfiguration ?

Thanks for any help.

Alessandro Oliveira

A similar thread occurred not long ago under the subject "Sieve Filter Rules".  My fix:

I had a very similar problem.  I utilize Smartsieve for script
management, it also began failing login after cyrus-imap version 2.3.10.
I traced the change to a return statement in timsieved/parser.c.
The attached diff reverts parser to it pre 2.3.11 behavior.
Interestingly, the return type of capabilities(...) is still int.
I have no clue what this change may break elsewhere, but now 2.3.12p2
works with Smartsieve as before.

899,901c899
< /*    return capabilities(sieved_out, sieved_saslconn, starttls_done,
authenticated);
< */
<     return result;
---