Re: Mapping a username to a Mailbox via LDAP?

Daniel Dewald <Daniel.Dewald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I want the user to login with his AD credentials and> still be routed to his correct mailbox. Is there a mapping feature in> Cyrus for mailbox names I’m not aware of? It would be perfect if
There are two SASL plugins dealing with login and user names:
1. canonical   translates the given username to an internal username, which cyrus imapd uses as mailbox name (with user prefix "user.").2. auxprop   takes the given username, retrieves the stored secret, and returns it to the SASL library. The auxprop can also do the mapping of the given username to another user name schema used in the authentication/secret database. It passes the given username unchanged to the imap daemon which will be the mailbox name then.
In our setup, users do log in with their e-mail-address, but the mailboxes have our internal uid as name. A canonical plugin does the translation. In your case, a canonical plugin should convert the username into the sid, cyrus imap will use that as mail box name.