Re: Issues with user.sub files - subscription files hangs system.

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 02:15:20AM -0700, Adam D wrote:
> I had thought maybe any of the mail boxes were corrupted so we created a
> raw Debian stable system (just with the same imap.conf) on a xen server
> with just enough to run cyrus for testing and we still ran into the same
> issues.  Maybe could it be related to any of the settings?  The
> production server was running DTC control panel and on the testing
> system the DTC settings were removed (mysql).

Try a 32 bit kernel if you can't upgrade the kernel to a new version.
It's a kernel bug, I'm pretty sure.

I can make you a skiplist from those files easily enough, but if you're
running a buggy kernel it won't help you any (besides, skiplist in 2.2
is buggy as all whatsit... and I can tell you the code in cyrusdb_flat.c
stinks too.  Whoever wrote this stuff must have done it before any of
the concepts like factoring identical code out into functions had been
invented!)

Bron.
----