Re: suggestion need to design an email system.

> I'm planning to use Phamm again but this time with Cyrus. First I need > to know how to execute cyrus tasks without cyradm (creating mailboxes, > setting/changing quota, remove mailboxes, etc).
All of these tasks, AFAIK, can be performed via IMAP.  So I'd image theyare performed the same way for all IMAP servers.
>  I was thinking about  cyradm + expect but it's just an idea by now.
Since you use PHP why not use PHP's Cyrus & IMAP support.<http://us2.php.net/cyrus><http://us2.php.net/manual/en/book.imap.php>
Although it might be better to see if there is a PEAR/PECL module thatwraps/bundles the functionality.
<http://pear.php.net/package/Net_IMAP><http://www.wynia.org/wordpress/2007/02/04/alternate-imap-solution-for-php-pear-net_imap/>
My experience with PHP's "native" IMAP support is that it is quite flakyand has dreadful [to none] error handling.  But it is PHP after all. :)