Re: suggestion need to design an email system.

> I have a running email system which I made in 2006 based on> postfix+cyrus+openldap. The authentication is based on openldap.> I have done some reading through net and find a new mail server dovecot.> I have to create another email system for multidomain based hosting> server where both scalability as well as performance should be in prime> consideration. I need your kind suggestion for this. shall I use dovecot> or cyrus can fit my requirement ?
I don't know why anyone would use a server other than Cyrus;  Cyrus'scalability is very well known, configuration is simple, performance isawesome, and the depth of features is unique among Open Source servers.
> another important questing ; Is there> any webinterface which can manage the mail system based on LDAP ?
No idea since I don't understand what "manage the mail system" means.
> There are many with MySql but any application which can work with> postfix+cyrus+openldap ?
Sure, if you want to do anything with MySQL there are usually hundredsof poorly maintained solutions.   If scale is an issue I'd stuck withOpenLDAP, *nothing* is faster than OpenLDAP, and Symas has thebenchmarks to prove it.