Re: Cyrus IMAP/POP Banner

The Option was introduced in 2.3.12

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.3.11

* Added serverinfo option to control the information displayed in
        banner greetings and capability responses.

Quoting Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi:

I'm using cyrus-imapd 2.3.7 on CentOS 5.2 and I can't find serverinfo
directive in its manual page.

$ man -P cat imapd.conf | grep -i serverinfo

Returns nothing!

What shows this?
zgrep serverinfo /usr/share/man/man5/imapd.conf.5.gz

Simon

Is that directive only available in recent versions of cyrus-imapd?

Adam Tauno Williams escribió:
I have been googling over there and haven't find the answer to my
question
just another man looking for the same as me... I wanted to change the
banner
that cyrus imap and pop sends when you connect to them... basically the
server greeting... I think it could be quite dangerous to show the
version
you're running... even the server you're running. Please could be
anyway of
doing this? how could I get my goal? For example when you telnet to
port 110
or 143 to be shown :
+OK IMAP Server
and nothing else....

man imapd.conf
<quote>
serverinfo: on

The  server  information to display in the greeting and capability

"off" = no server information in the greeting or capabilities
"min" = servername in the greeting; no server information  in  the
capabilities
"on"  =  servername  and  product version in the greeting; product
version in the capabilities

Allowed values: off, min, on
</quote>

----
----

----

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen

----