Re: migrate to virtual domains

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Peter Lokus <mailist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I using cyrus imap for two domains without virtual domains.
> Say, my folder structure look like
>
> /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/user1        domain: example.net
> /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/user2        domain: example.com
>
> Every user has its own folders under the INBOX.
>
> In order to enhance the administration and migrate new domains easier I want
> to switch to virtual domains. It should look like
>
> /var/spool/cyrus/mail/domain/example.net/user/user1
> /var/spool/cyrus/mail/domain/example.com/user/user2
>
> How do I move the user folders' to the new folder structure?
> My approach was to copy these folder's to the new  folder structure and run
> reconstruct. However, I can see only mails in the INBOX.

If I had to do it myself : (it could be uncomplete, sorry)

- first in imapd.conf set 'virtdomains' to what you want,
- create new user1@xxxxxxxxxxx and user2@xxxxxxxxxxx
- try to login as user1, user2, user1@xxxxxxxxxxx and user2@xxxxxxxxxxx,
check that the first have a not empty mailbox and the last have an empty  one.
- Use "imapsync" to copy all the emails from user1 to user1@xxxxxxxxxxx,
continue with all your other user.
- update your SMTP configuration to deliver to user1@xxxxxxxxxxx
instead of user1

Be carefiull to have enough spece to do all you user at once, or do it
one by one, removing old user

Hope this help

> Any recommendations?
>
> Peter