Re: new messages flagged as read??

Den 1.10.2007 kl. 13:45 skrev Alain Spineux:

On 10/1/07, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Den 27.9.2007 kl. 13:08 skrev Alain Spineux:

On 9/27/07, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi

after moving to a new server, I keep getting new messages flagged as read.

Did you change of cyrus version ?

look for the package version ! Using rpm or dpkg.

cyrus imap upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2

Did you change of Berkley DB version ?

How can I find the these version numbers on the old box?

[root@max ~]# ldd /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd | grep libdb
        libdb-4.2.so => /lib/tls/i686/libdb-4.2.so (0x00571000)

the old box used 3.0.2 - the new uses 4.2.

some things to try.

- try a "reconstruct"  of the mailbox (or cyrreconstruct )

I tried - no change - new messages still get marked as read

- create a new account and look if the same appends

Just did - it doesn't look like the problem exists for new mailboxes - just
the old ones.

You have configured a new account on your mail reader. Try to configure
an old account of another user on this mail reader.

I do not think it's related to the mail reader as several users (if not all) have reported this problem with several different readers. Or do I misunderstand you here?

Can you try to copy (not move) all your emails from one existing account into
this new account, remove any cyrus.*, run reconstruct and see what if
the new is still working. Then try copying the cyrus.* and run
reconstruct.

I obviously cannot do this for all accounts on the box. Do you have any idea how to fix this centrally?

roy
---
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
Tlf: 98013356
---
“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” - George W. Bush

----