Multiple partition question.

Hello,

We have a failing back-end server.  The cause is, possible, the RAID
controller.

So, I'm working on migrating mailboxes off of this server, and on to another
back-end server.

The other backend server, however, does not have enough space.  Since the
target back-end server has SAN attached storage, and is using LVM, I can
grow it's single IMAP data partition.  But, I would rather not since this
is really temporary space, which we will give up once the failing server is
working again.

I know Cyrus allows for multiple data partitions, but we are currently using
a single data partition.  Is it possible, on the target machine, to add a
new partition, and them migrate data to it (from the failing server).  Can
this be done without an outage?

Any help appreciated.

Thank, You.

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka
Sr. Systems Programmer, TeX, Email, Epistemology

----