Re: storing mail across several cyrus partitions

Hi,

--On 30. August 2007 20:40:11 +0200 Rudy Gevaert <Rudy.Gevaert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
Hi,

--On 30. August 2007 15:31:31 +0700 Artem Bokhan <artist@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Can anybody estimate amount of work needed to make messages of a single
user (mailbox) could be stored across several cyrus partitions? Is it
easy to realize or some fundamental work is needed? Can anybody give
comments?

I don't think that can be done. It seems to violate fundamental Cyrus
principles.

Like?

one mailbox - one partition. Note that that information is stored in mailboxes.db.

I haven't tried this, but I thought it should be possible to create a
(sub)mailbox of a user on a different partition.

Perhaps, but that's not what Artem was talking about. He's talking about *messages* being stored across partitions. I'm pretty certain that's impossible to do without major changes.

but do correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we were talking about different things.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK

----