Re: problems with tls/ssl

Hi Philippe,

I just rushed through the how-to and your certs and keys should be ok - nonetheless it still irritates me that the request file and the key are in one file ('newreq.pem').

I recommend to increase the debug level of cyrus (I don't know by heart how to do it, but it should be quite easy to find it out.)
It would help if the logs are more detailed.

I'll be out for a one week of vacation, so don't worry if I don't responses immediately.

Best regards
Roland

Philippe Trolliet wrote:
hi,
when i try to change the ssl/tls certificates i get an error in maillog with
following message:

Fatal error: tls_start_servertls() failed

here my cyrus config:
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/newcert.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/newreq.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cacert.pem

i used this howto to setup my own CA:
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/postfix_tls_support
.html

for the first time ssl worked just over imap. after a while my pop3s worked
too but before i got the above error message.
now i get the same error messages with an new certificate. both doesn´t
work, imaps und pop3s.
what´s going on?

regards
philippe