Re: Virtual Domains

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc wrote:
Hi Jarod,

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 03:06:51 -0400
Jarod Watkins <jarod@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been searching google for the past 2 days trying to figure out
how to finish setting up my Cyrus email system. I am almost there,
however I cannot deliver emails from postfix to the virtual users in
cyrus. After looking through the logs, its as if postfix isn't
supplying the whole email address to Cyrus, or Cyrus is just
stripping out it. Can anyone tell me what I have configured wrong?

What's your virtual domains setting in imapd.conf (virtdomains
parameter)?

Baltasar

Baltasar,
I have tried it all 3 ways (with it set to on, off, and userid) and it still fails, however when I have it set to on or userid, I can no longer authenticate to Cyrus with my test@xxxxxxxxxx user, as it replaces the domain.tld with the hostname of the machine. I am using the auxprop mysql plugin to authenticate users from a MySQL database. Here is my auth.log whenever I have my virtdomains set to "yes" or "userid".

auth.log:
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: sql plugin Parse the username test
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: sql plugin try and connect to a host
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: sql plugin trying to open db 'mail' on host 'localhost'
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: begin transaction
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: sql plugin create statement from userPassword test "hostname of my mail server"
Aug  3 08:50:34 debian cyrus/imap[14194]: sql plugin doing query SELECT password FROM view_users WHERE email = 'test@hostname of my mail server';

Do I have something else configured wrong that would cause this behavior when you set the virtdomains parameter?
----