Re: Basic configuration

Hi,

You may check the following points.

1.) You set sasl_mech_list: plain

The mechanism plain is an extra sasl library, you may have to install.
You force the use of plain even if better mechanism would be availible,
but if the sasl_plain library is not installed you have no mechanism
for authendification at all. You can use imtest to debug the login
procedure.
The CAPABILITY string must say AUTH=PLAIN.

2.) Activate imaps and test the login with

imtest -a USERID localhost
imtest -t '' -a USERID localhost
imtest -s -a USERID localhost

3.) if you use PAM,

have a look in /etc/pam.d/imap , /etc/pam.d/imaps , /etc/pam.d/pop ,
/etc/pam.d/pops and /etc/pam.d/sieve

if these files don't exist pam will use /etc/pam.d/other
You may want to add
"auth     required       pam_warn.so" and
"account  required       pam_warn.so"

to the pam configurations to monitor and debut the logins

i hope i could help

Quoting Sam Przyswa <samp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Michael Menge a écrit :
Hi,

check the settings for

allowplaintext

It's set to yes

sasl_minimum_layer

It's set to 0

in /etc/imapd.conf read the manpage for more details on these options

Ok but I don't find a way to devalidate the encryption on PLAIN
password login as we have on your Courier server. We have about 300
users with there mail client configured in PLAIN password and our
customer don't want change 300 users' PC.

We have to first migrate 300 Courier-IMAP /Maildir accounts to Cyrus
accounts and then make these accounts compatible with with our PLAIN
password login mechanism. I think that needs should be not too hard to
do. We have tested Dovecot and we don't encountered this kind of
problem.

Thanks for your help.

I put in attachment our imapd.conf and cyrus.conf

Sam.

Quoting David.Addison@xxxxxxxxxxxx: