Cyrus 'cluster' general upgrade strategy?

For those with medium to large scale murders or other glued together clusters of cyrus servers, what's the general strategy for upgrading?

Do you take downtime for the entire cluster and upgrade, or do you roll through upgrades of the parts?

The latter would be prudent, except that I discovered you can't replicate 2.3.7 to 2.3.8 (CREATE has an extra argument at 2.3.8) so it wouldn't surprise me if it generally isn't considered a good idea to mix versions like this in a murder.

-nik
Nik Conwell Information Technology Boston University
nik@xxxxxx
----