unknown flag notjunk

I experienced this error with APPEND unknown flag notjunk. Searching the net, I see several references to it; however, as mysteriously as it appeared, it disappeared.

At the time, I was trying to copy it to another (Linux) cyrus instance into a Trash folder. I don't know if that made any difference.

I was able to copy it to a FreeBSD cyrus instance Inbox, no trouble. Suddenly, I was able to copy it to the Inbox on the Linux system.

Nothing meaningful in the logs.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm a little concerned about it happening again to end-users (this is a new system).

Thanks.

----