How do I eliminate duplicate emails.

I'm trying to stop duplicate emails being delivered to addresses contained multiple times in expanded recipient aliases.

e.g. As an example, my virtual might contain:

  fred@xxxxxxxxxxxx    list1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  fred@xxxxxxxxxxxx    list2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  fred@xxxxxxxxxxxx    list3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  fred@xxxxxxxxxxxx    list4@xxxxxxxxxxxx

When a single email is sent to our Postfix server with two or more of these 4 addresses, two copies are delivered. The other two copies are ignored by the LMTP service with two warnings in /var/log/messages like:

May 3 13:00:00 myserver lmtpd[28698]: dupelim: eliminated duplicate message to user.fred id <01c101c78d83$a4b6e3f0$0201a8c0@IVVAIO> (delivery) May 3 13:00:01 myserver lmtpd[28698]: dupelim: eliminated duplicate message to user.fred id <01c101c78d83$a4b6e3f0$0201a8c0@IVVAIO> (delivery)

In /etc/imapd.conf I have:

  duplicatesuppression: yes

Which I realize is a Cyrus IMAP feature rather than an explicit Postfix feature. Is there any way to eliminate the extra copy so only one is actually delivered, either in Postfix's or Cyrus' configuration? I've tried a huge duplicate_filter_limit in Postfix's main.cf too and restarted Postfix, but this didn't deal with the issue:

  duplicate_filter_limit = 20000

Top brass don't like having multiple copies of the same message to deal with.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

--
Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel:   +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck.amadi@xxxxxxxxxxx

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.

----