Re: Sieve vacation message corrupting database?

E.H.Eefting wrote:

The sieve script:
    require "vacation";
    vacation "phatte test";
    vacation :addresses "test@xxxx" "phatte test";

We've been using cyrus-imap for years on many server in a similar setup and never had anyproblems. However, this is the first time we start using sieve.

I dont need help with restoring the database, i just want to find how what causes the corruption and if any other people are using vacation messages with succes.

I can only answer your last question, being new to sieve myself. Here is the script I use without any problems:

require "vacation";

vacation :addresses
  [ "jorey@xxxxxxxxxxx", "jorey.bump@xxxxxxxxxxx" ]
text:
  Sorry, I am away. I will attend to your request upon my return.
.
;

I can't explain any of it to you, but it's quite different than your example (note the closing punctuation of the text). There are probably legal variations, but this works, so give it a try.
----