Re: cyrus autorization identifier trick

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Nestor A. Diaz wrote:

Hello cyrus people.

Following your cyrus recomendations for a 15K users mailstore, i have a new requeriment, we will like some administrators to login to any mailbox in order to check the successfull delivery of some emails, without having to login into each account with the associated login and password, i explain:

i use cyrus virtual domains system,a user log in using this user id and password:

user@xxxxxxxxxx
userpassword

but i will like to make some trick for a user to login into a mailbox, using the followin schema:

user:admin@xxxxxxxxxx
adminpassword

the idea is that based on username (user:admin), the system notice that the user login is 'admin' and that he wants to see 'user' mailbox.

is something like this possible ? i have read something related under http://www.lichteblau.com/ldapvi/cyrus-sasl/sysadmin.html but i still don't see the way to do this, because auxprop pluing only returns the password asociated with an account, but how can i make cyrus to know that 'user:admin' refers to 'user' mailbox ?

Easy. When you want to look at another user's mail, just modify the permissions on their mailbox. You can do this with cyradm like so:

  sam user.foo adminuser all

We use a perl script that does this recursively for each folder that belongs to a specify user, and a second script that recursively removes the permission when we are finished.

After granting these permissions, you'll see the user's mailbox in your IMAP namespace as "Other Users.foo".

	Andy
----