Re: vacation subject lines in cyrus sieve

Dickson Law wrote:
Hi all

If I do not include the :subject directive in my vacation script the reply subject line would be
'Re: XXXXX' where XXXX is the original subject line.
But If I add :subject "Out of the Office" in the vacation script the subject line would be just that without appending the original subject.

My question is:

1. Is it suppose to work like that?

Yes, per the Sieve Vacation spec. Actually the latest spec requires "Auto: <orig-subj>"

2. If so, how can I make the original subject appear in the reply email with a customized subject ?

The only way would be to use the Sieve Variables extension in conjunction with the Vacation extension. Cyrus currently doesn't have support for the variables extension.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer