Re: restoration of mailboxes

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

Hi list,

I have to restore a users mailbox with some subfolders. Because of a crash of
the client, maybe the half of the inbox, and maybe subfolders are gone. The
mails are gone in random order, so I have no clue which of these many mails
are gone.

Is it save, when I restore the NNN. files from backup, and run a
reconstruct -r user.mailboxname.

Is this safe to do this while cyrusd is running, or do I have to stop it?
Are the flags, e.g. read, flagged, ... of all the mails in the mailbox
affected by running reconstruct, or only the ones that are new from the
backup?

I do restores with Cyrus running all the time. If a user is accessing the mailbox while you are restoring it, they will probably notice some odd behavior though. I don't know what happens to the message flags.

	Andy
----